Tuesday 15 December 2009

La be`lla

(I hadn't have had the time to pen down this article, but the basic idea of this article has been haunting me for the past few weeks.)
Few weeks back, I was invited by some friends to go for a movie, my first in UK's theatre. So I went without caring to ask about the movie. When I reached I came to know it was for "NEW MOON". A movie that was completely & brilliantly successful in incinerating all my crazy ideologies, hypothesis & emotions attached to the "supernatural realm".
Although a complete "BLAST!!!!" of a storyline (according to the movie and not the book, you mad TWILIGHT series lovers!) and two hours of my precious time that I'm never getting back, there was just one thing I liked (apart from Jacob's stunning looks :DRROOOOLLLL! : ) . There was only one dialogue that thrilled me and kick started my satiated thirst back to its unquenchable state for knowledge about the supernatural, paranormal and downright unreal things. The lead female (Bella) goes through a solliloquy where she goes on to say,"What if everything we ever heard was true?". And truly a scintillating statement.
It got me thinking truly, What if E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G was true? What if there are Thumbelinas and unicorns to dragons & dragon slayers, to Gods, Devils and vampires, to Darth Vader to Yoda, to werevolves and vampire slayers. The fact that warp drive, teleportation, borg cubes, Klingon species...everything just waiting out there to be discovered and the high potentiality exhibited by them of their existence just makes the child in me quiver with ecstasy and happiness.
The idea that a mutant spider is going to bite a "Peter Parker" any time now is just what the comic reader in me would come alive to! Till then I'll keep shuffling through the pages of newspaper to find my own "Spiderman"! Now, isn't that news worth waking up to! ;)