Tuesday 15 December 2009

Last Christmas..

So this is what I wrote a really looooong time ago and held on to it thinking that I'll use it as a part of Christmas spirit. Here goes nothing!

"Last christmas..i baked a cake,
the very next day i ate it away.
This year to save me from pounds,
I'm havin a muffin special.

Once eaten and twice shy,
I keep my distance but you still catch my eye..
Tell me dear batter do you recognise me?
Well it's been a year, it doesn't surprise me.

(Merry Christmas!) I iced it up and smelt it.
With some decorations, I really prepped it.
Now I know what a fool I've been,
But if I baked you now I'd gladly eat it again.

A crowded room, friends with tired eyes...
I'm hiding you from all those prying eyes,
My God I thought you were someone to rely on,
Me? I guess I was the woman who just baked one.
A face of an eater with a fire in her heart,
Hunger undercover but you tore me apart!
Oooh Oooh
Now I've found some muffin which doesn't taste the same.

A face of an eater with fire in her heart,
(Gave you my heart)
Hunger undercover but you tore me apart,
Next year,
I'll bake something, I'll bake something special..special.
something..something...
I'll bake something, I'll bake something special!
who'll give me something in return,
I'll bake something.
beat my batter and watch it bake.
I'll bake something, I'll bake something special.
I've got you here to stay,
I can bake you for a day.
I thought you were something special.
Gave you my ardour,
I'll give it to something, I'll give it to something.
Last christmas I baked a cake,
I ate it away.
I'll bake something, I'll bake something."

Gear up for Christmas everyone :)