Tuesday 29 December 2009

LOL v/s LMAO

"A comedian (comedienne is used sometimes if female) or comic is a person who seeks to entertain members of an audience, primarily by making them laugh. This might be through jokes or amusing situations, or acting a fool, as in slapstick, or employing prop comedy. A comedian who addresses an audience directly is called a stand-up comic."


I was introduced to Russel Peters by the tag line "Praaataaaaaaapppp!!!!". My friends kept repeating it, till one of them (namely Ravish) ; finally forced Russel Peters on us. Thereafter the video spread like a plague. While every joke and punch line he cracked made me die laughing, but the patriotic in me kept feeling, "Why does he keep picking on Indians repetitively?"
The answer was pretty obvious, born and brought up in Canada; it was pretty obvious to feel more like a Canadian than an Indian. Him feeling violated when looked and treated as an Indian, makes sense,somewhat. 


To answer my woes came Papa CJ to the rescue, introduced by yet another friend (namely Maulik). An Indian to whom foreigners WERE the outsiders and not the other way round, which was the case for Russel Peters. I guess being in UK right now helped me correlate with his basic theme of criticising UK life. His ending line made my day; "If you've been upset by anything I said today, I don't give a shit. Heck I come from the land of Kamasutra, I can f@%k you in more ways than you can count!"


:D

No comments:

Post a Comment