Friday 1 May 2009

What goes around,comes around....

Prologue

An old tradition of ragging and freshers used to be a common happening, perhaps as common as a bengali, teaching other people bengali sayings or god forbid,the language itself! LOL
Anyhow with the onset of UG batch 2006 gone were those days when ragging, dress codes and freshers used to be a part of the curriculum. It was all gone with the complains and "whatever"s.
Along came lots of instances where 2k5 did its level best to put down 2k6 and 2k6 came up with some equally devilic fight backs.Some even fought back with senile poetry... :D

Act I,Scene I

1st hostel party of the year..Monsoon 2007..Friendship Day..its a party organised by the 2nd and 3rd years by collecting funds for the merry making of the fourth year. 2k5 took its first step of defiance and boycotted 2k6 from it and, we were very proud of ourselves.

Act I, Scene II

"Every action has an equal and opposite action".
UG 2k6 didn't put up with ragging, hell! we didn't throw them FRESHERS!
Take that...!

Act I, Scene III

Tables turn

2k5 has a vote and a settlement is achieved between two very hyper mobs on every minute issue and finally settled for "let them be our juniors!" and they got to participate in hostel nite '08.

Act II, Scene I

2k6 and 2k7 throw us a gala friendship day party! And, mind you a rather impressive one!

Act II, Scene 1.5

Heated discussion amidst all subgroups of 2k5 pertaining to whether we are getting a hostel night altogether!

Act II, Scene 1.75

Confirmation of Hostel Night discussion going on in the rooms of our juniors.
OLA!

Act II, Scene II

Hostel Night party dates are clashing with lots of people activities on various sub levels.

Act II, Scene III

A final suitable date was devised and the Hostel night fever had started spreading with the putting up of the notice of the Hostel Night or AKA the official hostel night poster!

Act II, Scene IV

The hostel night fever had started spreading with the hunting down of tailors, matching accessories, running to gawher ali etc. etc.

Act II, Scene V

D-Day !!!!
The endless queues at THE sari person(*&^%), people lining up for her to make them help out with their saris, then lining up next by me for getting their make up done; while Richa and Ishanie rant on about how we should get to the arena! And,oh! the occasional interruptions of our juniors in our rooms to rush to the arena,but alas! Ended up just standing there ;)

Act II, Scene VI

Finally, the beautiful ladies trotted into the arena; while my spirits chanted,
"LET THE GAMES BEGIN!"

Epilogue

After four years, as I gear up to leave this wretched hell of a place, with which sadly enough like all the people who've been here & fell in love with, I be spared no different fate!
Sadly enough, I couldn't get to know my juniors half as nicely I should have or shared better bonds with. As the celebration of Hostel Nite concluded and the hour approaches when my soul hums,"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...", I wish I had shared more "photographs and still frames in your mind " with my juniors and more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment