Sunday 29 July 2012

And I wonder

We Indians at some level have just accepted that nothing good can happen to us; to an extent that when something good does happen we feel its a plot of a grand scheme of things. Whether its the media or our own paranoia; that it makes good things feel like an unaffordable luxury is still an enigma.

Case I: My brief time period in UK I had bought a phone with a T-mobile connection. After a year when I was back it had barely been a few days that I had got my new BSNL sim than I got a text from T-mobile that I had won £750,000. I was shaking in my boots as I took this text to show to my mom. I had already started planning how I'm going to start my own cafe in a quiet forest and what not, which all came crashing down as my mom smirked and said,"Welcome back! It's a scam!"

Case II: Desperately looking for a job mode was ON and I got a mail from None-other-than GE Healthcare EOU and I was like Europe here I come! All this came to a premature tragic ending as they asked for money too early on. I Google-d the offer letter to find so many consumer complaints.

Like Kelso said in That 70s show, "You know..For once I want the right thing and the topless thing to be the same thing!"

For once I want the letter thing and the real thing to be the same thing. Even by law of rarity the number of spams that attack every Indian everyday (and going by India's population that's quite the amount!) someone needs to uselessly get sick rich or get way lucky by taking hook line and sinker at an awesome job or just worthlessly get happy!

Have you ever wondered that even one of these texts or mails that you get every off day, if even one of them is true you are in for a real jolt. But what are the unreal chances of that happening when you have already warranted off the fact that you can't get lucky.


I wonder if one day you check your mail and you get a mail that says, claims and delivers, "The solution to all your life's problems"- At this point would you be happy that this life comes with a troubleshoot manual or, would life have blinded you to such an extent that you wouldn't be able to see the good in anything or believe in anything, even if it came up and bit you in the ass; cause by default nothing good can cross your path remember?

Do you ever wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment