Friday 16 January 2015

2014 : The Year that was

This last year passed by. I can't believe 2013 happened, and 2014 got over and we are already here at 2015 - half the first month down to the first year, technically.

I remember being so infuriated at New Years' Eve that I refused to go out or celebrate, which is an unfair interpretation because I'm not big on the NYE hype either way. I remember being mad at the fact that I had nothing to reflect for the last one year - personally or academically.

A long chat with a friend made me realise that I did stick to my goals last year:
  • I did become a more satisfied person - I still make lame jokes and laugh at them harder than anyone else, but they're less filled with fake guffaws
  • I did get more fit - I went running for longer distances and more number of times than I've ever had in my life, and I dropped two dress sizes

Things that I didn't plan last year but I'm glad they did happen:
  • Got further and close to my best friend time and over again - totally worth it
  • Rediscovered an old friendship which I didn't know mattered or existed, at all
  • Got back to my joy of zapping 'em digital brains, FPS style
  • Started reading more, definitely more
  • Found music that I thought I didn't like, to learning to love it - John Mayer, Porcupine Tree
  • Realised "Why Nexus?" is incorrect and "Why not Nexus" is correct
  • Learnt Surfing and loved it
  • Got overwhelmed by camping and stuck around long enough to learn how to handle it, big fan now
  • Realised no loss can cripple or even alter you as long as you have the will to move on
  • Found that you make friends at the oddest of places and they are still just as much precious
  • There is something that every person can lend to enrich your life and make it better, definitely better (as sappy as that sounds, it's true)
  • Became more opportunistic, it's not a bad thing - It's a wonderful thing
  • It's easier to let go simply cause it's tiring to hold on to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment