Friday 15 June 2007

Log of a student : DREAM BIT v/s REALITY BIT

NORMAL WORKING DAY:

DREAM BIT:

I woke up today at 5:30 a.m. My roomy was already getting ready for the volleyball match starting at 6:00 a.m.(read: friendly match).I went to the attached bath for freshening up. We reached SC at 5:55a.m.;greet team players and start off.We swapped team mates and started off.The match was exhausting but the end makes it all worth the effort.Came back at 8:00 a.m.Went in for a bath. Nothing feels better than a hot water shower after a long exhaustive match. Went down-stairs for breakfast-rose milk, milkshake, chocolate shake, juices, fruits with whipped cream, eggs, ham, chicken sausages, chicken salami, nuggets, full cream milk, cornflakes. Chocos, sandwiches..made it quite an effort to choose from such a wide array of dishes. Class begins at 9.40 am; reached class at 9.30 parked my scooty at the student's parking lot and went in for class. Mr. Rupert came in for class, all of us were anxiously waiting for the new topic he was about to discuss (we had done our little home study to understand the subject better).no sooner than did the class start than it got over; we never seemed to realize when time past u by owing to the heat of the discussion being held in the class. The topic was so interesting that we were pretty much sad by the fact that the class got over. Me and Archie we decided to do further study about the same. Archie had to go back early so he said he'll do his own little studying from the course e-book available on LAN(as are all library books).I went to the library, the server showed that the copies were available & gave me a 3-d view of the location of the book. The book was just perfect for it contained A-Z of the topic I wanted to study. Came back to the hostel, had lunch-dal, rice & masala okra (trust me...tasted just like home food).Was so fresh when i reached for lab in the second half..12:50 to 5:00 p.m. Its just so amazing the way they conduct the labs.5:00 p.m. -the usual guitar practising lessons. Prof.MUSIC was waiting for his "DISCIPLES" to arrive. He taught us the guitar from scratch. Though he comes from an eastern music background but still he understands and appreciates all form of music. We left him unwillingly at 6:30 pm. Went to the OC at 7:00pm; chilled out over a few games came back at 8:30...dinner nothing special but tasted good.10-12: sever serious study time. Mr. Rupert’s such an amazing teacher, makes the subject so clear & easy to understand. I'm blessed to be in such a good college.

REALITY BIT:

Could barely get up.Finally pushed myself off the bed at 7.45 a.m. Went for freshening up but there was a huge queue. Went for breakfast at 7.55 a.m.-same bread & eggs every freaking day of the week; ran with that in hand for class, as I was the only one running late. Reached class at 8.10 a.m., the prof gave me a good piece of his mind & warned me. One of my pals got caught giving proxy. I was sleeping through 2periods and somehow no one woke me up for the 2nd class’s attendance so missed it. As it is that class is so boring that I already have low attendance in it even though the semesters barely begun. So hope I don’t get a F*.5classes in a row. What a pain! Went to canteen to have lunch because today’s mess food totally sucks (dal, rice & masala Okra).I have barely any cash left as it’s the end of the month. Went to the library for searching a book…as usual...Library was out of copies...and what made it even more difficult hunting, was the fact that the server had crashed.So I didn’t get the book but...found the book I was searching for in my last hunt. Lab started at 12.50 pm to 5.00pm..Oh! dear god..how did I ever survive that..eventually,lab got over..No where else to hang out I ended up in the canteen (again!).Then soon it was 6:30(in-time)...came back. Signed (the proof of us being prisoners in our high-fenced jail during the night-fall).went for a bath at 6.30 pm, no hot water geysers dysfunctional. Logged on to DC++, chatted with a few on-LAN pals...downloaded a movie after solving the crossword, Dinner was like EEKS!!!..Sometimes it makes me think why do we need to eat at al?!! 11.30pm and I remembered I need to write a lab.DAMN!! 1.00am –finally finished and I can crash so that I can make myself fit for enduring the torture in complete senses.God,I cant wait to pass out of this hell-hole.

A FEST DAY

DREAM BIT:

Today was a very hectic day. Got up pretty late.8.00 a.m. being precise but well then again I couldn’t have helped it, could I? Went to sleep at 2 a.m. thanks to the practice & preparation for the fest “SPHINCTER’07” which is about to take place today. Esskay helped me out in the rhythm’s…Esskay was on the leads, The One on the bass, Neuromancer on drums, Vocals-lioness and fallen angel, threedangers on associate leads, DQ on synth. Kept my fingers crossed all day long. We were performing “The Clairvoyant”, “Motopsycho”, “Bittersweet Symphony”, and “Moroccan Sunset” .Moroccan Sunset was something that gave me butterflies in the stomach all day long. Classes were suspended for the entire day due to the fest. We were supposed to meet again at 10 a.m. around to discuss the final matters of the fest. Everything was ready – The ground was cleared, the setting up of the stage was complete, the Bose speakers had been installed. The fest started rolling at 6 p.m. For sound check we had DJ-MC doing the honors. The crowd danced and swayed to their full to the tracks of Mojo, Mylo, Chemical Bros., Prodigy etc. Music show started at 8 p.m. The fresher band “Broken Arrow”, next up was “Jigsaw”, then it was us, “Purged”… The moment had arrived ...and we showed them well what had been cooking in the music studio for so long. The performance was a success. We could see the crowd raving mad. Next up was “TORSION”, the best band in BIT…What can I say about their performance apart from the fact that my shoulders are still aching from the extensive head-banging Up next were the dance performances. AMAZING!!! Hellishly scintillating steps and well chosen tracks. “Purged” in order to celebrate our grand success visited UNDERGROUND. Entered the hostel at 2.00 a.m. The show was a success, the day was a success. A day well spent. Now I can barely keep my eyes open, mostly because the voice at the back of my head is creating havoc asking me to go and crash. Anyway, all’s well that ends well.

REALITY BIT:

Today was “SPHINCTER’07”.What a waste!!! Had first 2 classes, as in till 9:40 a.m. Then the fest started at 11 a.m. under the scorching sun. Sound checks were so painful to bear and what made it worse was the fact that the sound was cracking. The music show started… what a relief!!! Jigsaw, TORSION etc. bands performance made the day bearable. Then followed the dances-not that they were not nice...but same tracks, same steps, same dancers… Soon in-time kicked in. We were ushered back to the central country prison. Some DC++ing to discuss the events of the day followed by the completion of the journal & now its time to crash. Let’s see what excitement tomorrow beholds for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment