Friday 15 June 2007

IN MEMORY OF BHAGAT SINGH

(No offense whatsoever meant to anybody and has nothing to do with Bhagat Singh).

So well as always this adventure of mine also took place during end-sem, precisely speaking IInd semester. There I was sitting in Puja’s room with the huge set of never-ending solution of Data Structures in C++ of which I didn’t not get jack and was simply mugging it up like everyone around me. It was past 6:10 pm and I had ran out of excuses of delaying my studies till a later time...so there I was with my entire body repelling against everything of my task at hand!

[Enter Rhea Sinha with the perfect answer to my prayers.]

A very sad face and the words “there’s a lizard in my room” is a all the inspiration I needed..Off I went to drive the lizard out of her room, the only source of distraction and I was more than ready to simply pounce at it, with all the enthusiasm in the world...

I saw the lizard quietly sitting in one corner…barely 5 cm and yet capable of scaring a female taller than 5’…so then started yet another erratic endeavor of mine.

I got hold of polythene and tried to catch hold of it. Seems damn easy right? Well, whoever said nothing is what it seems had no clue how great his words were...neither did I till that day…

Well let’s see how do I explain this…When u try to hold a lizard it runs (obviously) and its got a squishy wriggly skin..so when you can feel its skin it send an eewrie sensation that makes you shriek and jump in exactly the opposite direction like nothing ever before.

So there I was pulling Rhea’s room apart and trying to catch the lizard...I made enough noise to fetch my pals for help...soon I was no longer the only one creating havoc in Rhea’s room…Neelakshi and Yangchen were there to help me out or maybe simply to do anything other than study…

So there we were…all three of us shrieking at one poor lizard...who could never possibly do anything to us even if it wanted to…soon Yangchen was hit by a brilliant idea of sweeping it off with a broom on to one of Rhea’s birthday cards (which Rhea never touched again and was eventually disposed off) and into her dustbin which was later vacated in Neelakshi’s cardboard box, and was supposed to be Neelakshi’s new pet. As all pets require a name so did this and had to be named by none other than their owner.

Before I let you on to its nick I’ll let you know a bit about what happened to it..first few hours it was in the cardboard box, its caring owner made me kill mosquitoes for its food…then it jumps out of it…in terms of Neelakshi it fought for its freedom…off it went and made a hideout in Neelakshi’s base of the closet and sought shelter in her ZONASA bag…finally when it started to get the vibe of Neelakshi planning to eat it (i.e. when it was growing lean due to not eating anything) the poor thing fled for its life..

So a lizard with an unquenchable thirst for freedom hence it was named BHAGAT SINGH…

Now when I look back it was sheer madness…
but it was fun…

[P.S.: Rhea got the dustbin cleaned by a maid twice before letting it enter her room.]

No comments:

Post a Comment